This is more of a recipe inspiration post rather than an actual recipe, but I still wanted to share this.
These spring rolls are so versatile. Below in the recipe I listed what I put in mine, but you can put just about anything. The traditional version has vermicelli and usually has shrimp in it. I changed mine so that it’s vegetarian and also easier to make.
And also excuse the fact that my rolls don’t look so pretty. I put too much stuff in each and they don’t wrap up as well.
For the roll
1/3 cup carrot shreds (I used a vegetable peeler for this)
1 mango cut into 1/2 inch slices
3 large lettuce leaves
1 sprig of mint
1 avocado, sliced
4 pieces of rice paper
sesame seeds (optional)
For the sauce
2 heaping tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
juice of half a lime
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp of water (or more if you want it thinner)
1. Prepare the mango, lettuce, and avocado
2. Chiffonade the mint leaves
3. Fill a baking sheet with a thin layer of water then soak the rice paper until soft and lightly sticky
4. Put it on a flat surface and put a lettuce leaf on it. Then add a couple slices of mango, avocado, and mint. Add seasame seeds if desired.
5. Roll it up! And repeat with the other
6. For the sauce, just mix all the ingredients together until smooth
Did you make this? Do you have any other suggestions? Anything else? Let me know in the comments!