Anyways, I thought I’d start my first recipe post by making one of my favorite foods (granola) with a flavorful twist. LEMON.
I love lemons. Not only do they give food a great taste, but they’re also filled with Vitamin C and help alkalize your body, among many other benefits.
This is a pretty simple granola, but feel free to add things other than nuts and oats, like sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, etc. This also has a soft, almost cookie-like texture so feel free to bake it a little longer if you want a more crunchy granola. As for the flavor, it has a subtle lemon taste that become more prominent as you chew.
Makes about 3 cups of granola
zest and juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of almond butter
2 tablespoons of honey
1 medium size ripe banana
2 and 1/4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
maple syrup (to add more sweetness-optional)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Mash the banana in a large bowl, then add the grated zest, juice, almond butter, and honey. Mix until smooth
3. Add the oats and nuts and optional . Mix until everything is combined. Add some maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth
4. Layer it evenly on a baking sheet and put into oven. Bake for 7-9 minutes, then take out of the oven and toss the granola lightly then bake for another 7-9 minutes.
5. Take out and let cool completely before putting it in a jar. But if you can’t resist, go eat some granola while it’s still nice and warm (basically me)
I am seriously obsessing over this granola right now. It has such a unique flavor, and really pops in just about anything. One way that it tastes super good is with some blueberries and yogurt. I had it like that this morning and it was AMAZING.
Did you make it? How did it go? Just basically comment on anything. I’m a beginner blogger so I really don’t have any idea what I’m doing.
See Y’all next week!